GDPR Privacy & Data Protection information
Mind Body and Spirit
MBS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, email, or via post, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MBS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from December 2011.
What we collect in the studio
We may collect the following information:
- name and title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode.
- other information relevant to customer including surveys and/or offers.
- Personal information if medical treatment either 1-2-1 or in classes.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. (This does not include professionals in referral bases). the change in Law now requires permissions which MBS have put in place.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you regarding your class or booking or for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. (This does not include professionals in referral base) .
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, via our website or email and even post or medical form/questionnaires filled within the studio.
All information filled in via forms within the studio is kept locked within secure storage which is accessible by Michelle Griffiths and your teacher.
All emails are directly to Michelle Griffiths which are private and confidential.
All information covering clients, students, patients, are secure with our protected data base. Accessible by Michelle Griffiths . all past receptionists or PA’s have signed contracts on confidential information protection.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. (with reference to private web users)
I would like to assure you you will not be contact by MBS unless you have emailed a request for information, or have booked a class or other with MBS, or have signed up for the newsletter.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website such as when sending an email, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. MBS does not have this on our site, for your peace of mind.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes such as our monthly newsletter, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribing at any time.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Michelle Griffiths Company Director 223 Dodworth Rd Barnsley, S70 6HT.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
MBS Promise to you -: to summarise …
- You are asked to fill in a medical questionnaire upon starting a class, workshop, course, Treatment or other at MBS within the studio or clinic , You are asked for your contact information and your email if you would like to be sent our monthly newsletter online with information about MBS. Information upon this questionnaire is also detailed below.
- The website doesn’t not collect your information to use unlawfully and MBS do not use any information supplied for market and sales purposes. This is our promise to our students.
- Online Booking System does collect your information for booking classes, courses, workshops etc, this information is used for your booking only and again is not used for marketing or sales purposes, this is our promise to all our students.
What do MBS do with this information -:
Your information is stored in a hard-drive database on a locked password protected Apple MacBook accessible by Michelle Griffiths the founder of MBS. This would be under the class or classes you attend, this is not saved on a server or cloud based product.
- Your form is then stored away in a locked cupboard, only accessible by Michelle Griffiths or your teacher for medical information to make sure you are doing the right exercise etc within your class you attend. You can see your information at any time.
- Your mobile number is also stored in the Studio phone under the class or classes you attend, this is required to let you know of any changes to the class you have booked. Please let Michelle know if you change your mobile number. No sales or marketing messages will be sent from MBS, under the new law.
- Your email address is stored as above, this is also used if we require to contact you, and unable to reach you by phone, also this will be added to our monthly newsletter, if you consent ……..you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Your details are stored for 3 year if after this time you no longer attend MBS classes, 1-2-1, etc your details are destroyed. If you still attend at MBS your details are kept on file. BWY courses are held for 5 years as per BWY guidelines.
No data is sold to marketing companies or other, or accessible outside the studio. Any information supplied can be seen by the said student at any time as requested.
MBS is a small company with a big heart, we put our students and teachers first and their privacy and information supplied is very important to us. The only sharing we do are to celebrate our class , courses, workshops, retreats etc, with photos on posters within the studio and on our FB page or our teachers FB page only… If you do not want to be apart of any photo to be used in this way, please say to Michelle or the teacher if phots are taken within said class – at the end of the class, any image of said student will be deleted.
Please read all information on Your Physical questionnaire when joining MBS, a copy of this information is as below.
If you have answered yes to one or more questions – on your medical questionnaire
Remember signing this sheet confirms your GP has approved you partaking in a class at mind body & spirit & agreed you are okay to becoming more physically active, or starting a program to lose weight. Tell your doctor about the questionnaire & which question you answered yes to. You may be able to do any activity you want – as long as you build up slowly and gradually. Or you may need to restrict you activities to those that are safe for you. Talk with your doctor about the kinds of activity you wish to participate in and follow his/her advice, remember always chose the options in classes at MBS, which are right for you, you are responsible for yourself…..
If you have answered no to all questions –
You can be reasonably sure that you can start to become more physically active and take part in suitable exercise program. Remember to begin slowly and build up gradually. As above
Please note – If your health changes please inform your instructor. Or if you feel unwell because of a temporary illness such as cold or flu, Delay and wait until you feel better.
You are responsible for your health and well-being, always work to your level, building slowly, the instructor is not a GP and therefore not responsible if you injure yourself by pushing yourself to hard.
Your instructor maybe required to adjust you, please let him or her know if you do not want to be touched, if in the studio in a facer to face class. As Online teaching classes has begun, this is no longer possible to be able to adjust you or personally focus upon just you as we would in the studio, we can only guide you verbally and by demonstrating, therefore you are partaking at your own risk and responsible for the levels and options you chose than your teacher directing you personally to the right one for you as we would in the studio. By signing you understand and accept this that you are waiving the responsibility. The Health Question is as below to download and fill in before starting your first class, please email this to email@example.com.
If you cannot attend your class, text the studio number to inform us, so the class may start on time without waiting for you, as you have booked and secured your space on this class. Please remember to read the Terms of being a Student at MBS, and the deadline of moving payments, see posters around the studio near reception and as below.
By Signing your questionnaire you also confirm you are happy if any photographs are taken, for use on promotions, such as social media, posters etc. If you disagree please let the Michelle or the teacher Know at the time of taking any photos….so these can be deleted, and only others will be in the photos taken.
Warning confirming by signing up to taking part in a class at MBS you agree to the terms of Mind Body & Spirit as below, you must pay for your class up to one week in advance, if you miss your class we are not responsible & will not move your payment over, unless you have informed within the deadline (see deadline posters), please read the terms & conditions, of attending classes at MBS., there are also a terms for members too, please see the poster inside the studio.
Deadlines to move payments over to the week after.
(please note, one move only )
Day Class booked Deadline to move payment
Monday 9pm Friday
Tuesday 9pm Saturday
Wednesday 9pm Sunday
Thursday 9pm Monday
Saturday 9pm Wednesday
Ethical codes of practice
MBS is recognised by REPs, Register of exercises professional. BWY, British Wheel of Yoga. Federation of therapist.
MBS prides itself that we except anyone, from any background, of any religion, from any area, as a student, client, customer, or teacher, staff employee. understanding the needs of cultural, ethnic origin or religion, we never discriminate against anyone.
MBS adhere to the BACB guidelines for Responsible conduct for behaviour. and BFA code of Ethics.
All personal information and records are confined under the data protection act, and will not be used by anyone outside the teacher or studio owner. Unless requested and approved by the said client, in the case of a medical or required by law.
Showing respect to others, being respectful, professional and discreet in all areas.